Intune allows multiple devices to be enrolled and managed. Most of the device types are allowed by default: Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, etc. However, one thing to note is that Intune treats Android for Work devices completely differently than Android devices.
There are completely different configuration profiles and actions designated just for Android for Work. Most importantly, Android for Work enrollments are blocked by default. This post shows how you can enable Android for Work enrollments.
- Log into Azure (https://portal.azure.com)
- Open the Intune Console
- Click on Device enrollment
- Click on Android for Work enrollment
- Complete the prerequisites.
- Go to Enrollment Restrictions
- You can create a new enrollment restriction or edit the default one. It’s easiest just to edit the default one.
- Under “Platforms” switch the toggle for Android for Work from “Block” to “Allow.”
And that’s it! Now you can enroll Android devices with an Android for Work container. Note that if an Android device is capable of Android for Work, then the enrollment type will be Android for Work by default (which is probably why AfW enrollments are turned off by default).